OPEN POSITION: PROFESSIONAL LAND SURVEYOR (HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA)
Schoel Engineering, a full-service engineering, land surveying and land planning firm providing design services across the Southeast, currently has an opening for a qualified Alabama Professional Land Surveyor at the firm’s Huntsville, Alabama office.
The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and technical communication skills with the ability to present and lead in a small group setting, interact with office engineers, architects, and staff, as well as guide clients through every aspect of the project process. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Deltek Vision, Autodesk Civil3D. Experience with Trimble Robotic Totals Stations and Global Positioning System (GPS), and Trimble Access is preferred, but not required.
Schoel works in a team environment. As a member of the Survey Team, responsibilities for this position will include the surveying work performed in the Huntsville office, assisting with the daily survey operations of office, training and mentoring of the survey field and office team members, productivity efficiency, timesheet review, project budget management, and invoice review.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Schoel offers a competitive salary and compensation plan based on credentials, skill level, and experience. Benefits include PTO, basic life/ADD with short-term and long-term (paid 100% by the employer), as well as 401k with an annual company match, health insurance, dental insurance, vision care, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, and additional supplemental insurance.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION
· Must be a PLS registered and in good standing in Alabama.
· Minimum 5 years of surveying experience.
· Must adhere to safety standards and take a proactive role in reducing safety risk.
· Experience and understanding of land development business.
· Knowledge of multiple types of surveys including: ALTA, Boundary and Topographic surveys, along with construction staking and GPS experience.
· Must be able to adapt and perform in a fast-paced environment
· Must be able to work regularly in outdoor environments in all seasons of the year.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org