Garver is seeking an entry-level Instrument Man for our Construction and Survey Services Team in Huntsville, AL. The Instrument Man supports the survey crew by collecting field survey data through use of conventional and Global Positioning System (GPS) methods; sets up, adjusts, and operates surveying equipment, including electronic total station, data collector, and GPS equipment, in order to measure distances, elevations, and angles; prepares field notes and drawings; and performs field surveying for roadway, bridges, and flood control projects, including installing setting surveying construction stakes, and locating or establishing vertical and horizontal control, right of way, monuments, corners, boundaries, and property lines.
Our Construction and Survey Services Team offers a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment with the opportunity to gain immediate hands-on experience. The successful candidate will be required to meet the following physical demands that are essential to the job:
· Regularly stand and/or walk while holding tools or objects in the field
· Reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, and crouch
· Regularly lift/move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Knowledge of survey principles and practices
· Willingness to travel to sites 30% of the time with overnight travel
· Must possess a valid driver's license.
· Effective written and verbal communication
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Associate's degree or technical certificate in a related field
· Two years of survey experience operating survey data collectors, conventional, robotic, and GPS equipment.
· Familiarity with the Public Land Survey System (PLSS)
· Registered PLS
or email email@example.com